Pages

I AM...

I am whatever YOU think I am until YOU get to KNOW me. This is true for everyone else too, of course.. so don't make assumptions about anyone or pass judgment; ask questions. You might just make a new friend.

Followers

Tuesday, August 5, 2014

TRANSGENDER 13-YEAR OLD MAKES HEARTFELT PLEA FOR ACCEPTANCE


The 13-year-old Jazz, who was thrust into the media  spotlight
when she appeared on TV programme 20/20 aged just 6, says: “A lot of transgender people are treated unfairly. It’s upsetting to know there are still prejudiced people who don’t accept others.

She talks about the prejudice she has experienced, saying: “When
some people say we don’t appreciate God’s creation, or argue that the Bible doesn’t say LGBTQ people are ethical, I get confused.

“It befuddles me how we have to undermine others and look
forward to their failures.

“It’s annoying when people argue about being different. To place it
into right and wrong is beyond what it is – in being different, there is no right or wrong, it’s just who you are.

“Being transgender has made me who I am: a stronger person, a more confident person, and a person with pride.

“Progress is being made, and the world is transitioning into a new
time. I can see the change.

Jazz, who keeps her surname and where in the US she lives a secret
for her safety reasons, also posted a video of her answering questions from the public.

Her high profile in the media came about after many TV
appearances, including a documentary about her on the Oprah Winfrey Network.

Jazz has also founded the Transkids Purple
Rainbow Foundation
, and has co-written a book, I Am Jazz.




SOURCE: PINK NEWS

No comments:

Post a Comment