Pages

I AM...

I am whatever YOU think I am until YOU get to KNOW me. This is true for everyone else too, of course.. so don't make assumptions about anyone or pass judgment; ask questions. You might just make a new friend.

Followers

Sunday, September 22, 2013

STUDENT CROWNED FIRST TRANSGENDER HIGH SCHOOL HOMECOMING QUEEN IN US HISTORY

Transgender student Cassidy Lynn Campbell made history Friday (20 September) when she was crowned homecoming queen of Marina High School in Huntington Beach, California.

Campbell, 16, is believed to be the first transgender student in US history to win such a title at a public high school.

Campbell said running for homecoming queen was initially all about her but that changed as she began to see the bigger picture.

'I realized it wasn’t for me anymore and I was doing this for so many people all around the county and the state and possibly the world and I am so proud to win this not just for me, but everyone out there,' Campbell told KTLA.


Campbell wants to now become an LGBT activist and has this message for other transgender teens: 'Just to be true to themselves and to let people know around them and to not keep it bottled up inside.'

SOURCE: GAY STAR NEWS

4 comments:

  1. This is so inspiring! It is a true sign of how much our culture's view of homosexuality has changed. Progress much?

    -_Cogito

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love this news! because it reminds us we're persons before being sexuated beings!

    enjoy my last post:

    http://menforxersex.blogspot.it/2013/09/joe-snyder-active-wear-2013.html

    ReplyDelete