Pages

I AM...

I am whatever YOU think I am until YOU get to KNOW me. This is true for everyone else too, of course.. so don't make assumptions about anyone or pass judgment; ask questions. You might just make a new friend.

Followers

Thursday, September 26, 2013

ORLANDO CRUZ SAYS COMING OUT GAY WAS ABOUT RESPECT



Puerto Rican boxer Orlando “The Phenomenon” Cruz says his decision to come out gay was about respect.

The 32-year-old Cruz is training to fight Mexico's Orlando Salido for the vacant WBO featherweight title. The October 12 fight will take place at the Thomas & Mack Center in Las Vegas.

In remarks to UK's The Guardian, Cruz said that he was training hard, often three times a day, in preparation for next month's fight.

“It's hard training,” Cruz said. “Hard, very hard training.”

On his decision to come out gay last October, Cruz said it was about respect

“I want respect, that's it. It's my decision, it's my life,” he said.

Cruz added that 95 percent of comments he's received have been supportive.

SOURCE: ON TOP MAGAZINE


2 comments: