Pages

I AM...

I am whatever YOU think I am until YOU get to KNOW me. This is true for everyone else too, of course.. so don't make assumptions about anyone or pass judgment; ask questions. You might just make a new friend.

Followers

Wednesday, February 15, 2012

NEEDS VS. WANTS (MONEY)





This blog entry is about the people who seem to think that the
gluttony of ‘life’s circumstantial gifts’
is a self perpetuating addiction that is non compassionate to others feelings,
and ultimately creates tension within a friendship. You see these people live on
the clouds of ‘the world owes me’,
because of the circumstantial double sided monster when it comes to money (i.e. need vs. want).





Among other things, I've paid particular attention to those
who seem to have fallen into the
‘entitlement
category’.
Generally I’ve found that they slowly hit a ‘wall’ where the sense of ‘entitlement’
continues even though the reasons for it have melted away with the realities of
life. The one who expected to inherit large sums of money often led a very
careless, dysfunctional life only to either find the
‘money’ elusive or not forthcoming at all. Those with some
semblance of fame, be it in their own little world, often still lived in the
past of those moments while others came, and went ignoring the
‘self adulation’.





So with all this said, I have one question for you: say I am
millionaire, I loan you $100 and you promised to pay me back, is it (un)altruistic to expect it back?

No comments:

Post a Comment