Pages

I AM...

I am whatever YOU think I am until YOU get to KNOW me. This is true for everyone else too, of course.. so don't make assumptions about anyone or pass judgment; ask questions. You might just make a new friend.

Followers

Thursday, February 23, 2012

DARKNESS N' TRAGEDY






There's a part of me that yearns to
explore the darkness and tragedy of our lives without resorting to jokes that
lighten or distract from the fundamental horror of the human condition.





Fear,


Brutality,


 Greed,


Rage,


Stupidity,


Lust,


Pride,


Grief,


Insanity,


Betrayal.





These are but a few of the words we
use to describe the ugliness that hides in all of our hearts. But how have I, a simple man, used them?
Certainly not to peel away the thin veil of civility that masks the rotting
soul sickness that eats at us from within. NO!





I've been asked to blog about my personal
life more than I do now (cough Jeff), but whenever I attempt to illuminate the pain of existence
I see around me, something like this comes out: "Filled with grief and
rage over his boss’s betrayal, he locked him in the building and set it on fire
then pled insanity." You see my
dilemma?
Even when I use the appropriate words, my instinct is always to
undercut the dramatic.





How then shall I write
about the harsh reality that is daily life?
The madness and
cruelty which assaults us from cradle to grave?
I've come to believe that
my only hope is to embrace the beauty of life N’ tragedy and then go a step
further. In other words, no matter how frightening, I must dive into the
nightmare. I must not flinch from the horror. 

No comments:

Post a Comment