Pages

I AM...

I am whatever YOU think I am until YOU get to KNOW me. This is true for everyone else too, of course.. so don't make assumptions about anyone or pass judgment; ask questions. You might just make a new friend.

Followers

Sunday, January 25, 2009

¡BE THANKFUL!

During each of our journey on this planet, we often have to confront AND deal with deeds AND actions that @ the time they were born, made our lives a LIVING hell. However, I am of the opinion that those person(s) are NOTHING more than human angels, individuals designated by the universe to show us that we have choices and if their actions affect us in a negative manner then we can ONLY grow from it. As I reflect on my past I see how frustrated AND confusing, not to mention maddening my life was due to those that were a part of it. MANY days I was angry because I felt like I had NO one in my corner; but as I think about things I am GLAD that the first man that I dated was SO crazy and possessive. Though he NEVER hurt or intimidate me, I can say that he kept me from dating OR experiencing life with the scores of GAY men that came sniffing my way. From a deeper divine perspective, dealing with the things he did were an important teacher AND indicator that I am making progress on my path. Being able to remain centered and awake even when he made my life uncomfortable is much more impressive and made me the man I am today. I could very EASILY sit here and fume about the past, but that would mean that I haven’t grown. However behaving is such a manner diminishes the blessings that are bestowed upon life today. Hence I find that the more we try to eliminate annoyances, instead of being THANKFUL for them, the further we get from developing the qualities that come with spiritual growth, such as patience, tolerance AND acceptance. It is often in the presence of people and experiences we find annoying that we have an opportunity to develop these qualities. Fortunately for most of us, our lives offer an abundance of opportunities to practice and cultivate these traits. I find that it is SO easy for us to take the curse AND leave the blessings behind. It is VITALLY important for us to acknowledge their input be it good OR bad and do away with that cosmic void that exists in our lives. The journey of life is a spiritual event that mostly finds us trying to figure out the whats AND whys. And we live thinking that NO one is coming to the rescue, when in fact someone indeed has. If only we could STOP panicking and realize that the bad things happened because we needed to see that life is SO much more than we live…AND IT IS ONLY THEN WE CAN BE ABLE TO FLOAT WITH A KIND OF SLOW-MOTION KNOWING THAT WE ARE MEANT FOR SO MUCH MORE. THIS SLOW BLUE KIND OF BALLET LIFE HAS US DANCING TO, FEELS LIKE A BETRAYAL AS THE GOOD TIMES ARE SNATCHED AWAY FROM US. & NO MATTER HOW MUCH WE TRY TO CONTROL OUR CIRCUMSTANCES, THE FACTORS & PEOPLE CANNOT BE MANAGED. EVEN THOUGH WE CANNOT SEE THE GIFT IN SOMEONE/SOMETHING INTERRUPTING OUR LIVES, IT PAYS TO BE THANKFUL THAT THEY DID…

No comments:

Post a Comment