Pages

I AM...

I am whatever YOU think I am until YOU get to KNOW me. This is true for everyone else too, of course.. so don't make assumptions about anyone or pass judgment; ask questions. You might just make a new friend.

Followers

Thursday, January 29, 2009

¿READY TO MALE? (PART IV) HOMOPHOBIA…


Each living being is dependent upon other living things for its survival. When we look at the world, we see that this is not a place where different beings survive independently of one another. Earth is home to a web of living things that are connected to each other through a spinning kaleidoscope of relationships. We need each other to survive and thrive; yet we DESTROY each other with no reservation. So I guess I shouldn’t be surprised that we GAY men have this HATE program going on with each other. We carry this DESTRUCTIVE baggage from boyhood all the way into manhood. When are we going to learn that it is HARD to BUILD a community when we are TOO busy separating ourselves? Demean the men among us who are the salt of this earth because we SUPERFICIALLY allow the world to force us to DEFINE what a GAY man is…And so we all have this sort of FUCKED up idea of what masculinity really is. But isn’t it our DIVERSITY that makes us the most powerful and feared people on this planet? We are constantly bombarded with images of the TYPICAL HOMOSEXUAL…The lavish uncaring frivolous queen with 6” pumps, bag, wig AND makeup to match has the community running scared…I wonder who are the sissies now? YES there is a difference between masculine AND feminine traits; however aren’t they all just learnt behavior? Because of this muddled notion, we have a line drawn in the sand of the community that seemingly says, IT US VS. THEM! How ridiculous is that? NO matter how hard we try to separate ourselves, the world @ large STILL sees all of us as a COMPLETE waste of men who need to get their acts together. I for one agree with this notion half of the way because this has spilled over into our bedrooms furthering the divide…LET ME NOT GET STARTED ON THE ASININE SEX-ROLE SUPREMACY/POSITIONING FAD…ON SECOND THOUGHT I THINK I SHOULD…When I think about my sexual past, there is a rainbow tribe of diverse lovers smiling back. Some would be deemed feminine, others masculine AND some in between. I can say that I’ve had some surprising times with persons from each spectrum of the GAY community. I know that we all  have PREFERENCES when it comes to choosing a male for relationships OR sex, but do we have to act as if we are accused of molestation when propositioned OR questioned about someone that isn’t our cup of tea? Why do we treat this person as if he has the plague? OBVIOUSLY there is something DEEPER going on here. Discrimination, particularly INTERNALIZED HOMOPHOBIA is a loaded word and NO matter what side of the line you are on, the SCARS last for a long time. This has been THRIVING in OUR community DESTROYING us one male @ a time and I feel that it is time that we STOP this performance…If we are to change the game, we have to change how we play it…We NEED to cleanse out the old programming AND become that centered GAY man GOD intended us to be. I know that it’ll take SACRIFICE beyond what most are willing to put forth, but what do we have to lose? Things can’t possible get any worse than they are now…

No comments:

Post a Comment