Pages

I AM...

I am whatever YOU think I am until YOU get to KNOW me. This is true for everyone else too, of course.. so don't make assumptions about anyone or pass judgment; ask questions. You might just make a new friend.

Followers

Wednesday, May 28, 2008

SLIP AWAY


HIV...

It is upon he

Growing inside

Flowing through his blood

It wants to win

It doesn't live for he

Can’t let it control

As he goes through the…

The abuse

The rape

The stress

The pain

He can get through this

He needs ot look inside

Find the strength

And couquer this demon

And see it as...

Health Is Valued

Hope Is Virtuous

Heart is Vast
Happiness Invades Vulnerability

It is said that, IN THE GREAT SYMPHONY OF LIFE, WE ALL HAVE IMPORTANT PARTS TO PLAY. While some people are best suited to be conductors or soloists, their contributions would be diminished considerably without the individual musicians that lend their artistry to the fullness of an orchestra. I have a close friend of mine that has HIV and of course from moment he told me that he had this disease it has been just him and me. I had NO problems with this; however, I felt that he should let others know so that they can offer him the much needed assistance he would require for the fight that is upon him. After about 6 months he came out AND revealed his situation to another friend in our group. I don’t think that he will die from the disease anytime soon but I am worried that he is worried that he might. It is SO hard to realize that someone has to go through this ordeal and be POWERLESS to help find a way to be rid of this disease. All one can do is offer strength AND support AND hope that he will be able to find a way to heal himself. He HAS to find a way to HONOR his life because it will bring him closer to the connection of his purpose. For if he does NOT, he will SLIP AWAY…The natural tendency is to push it away and move past it as quickly as possible; and brush it under the rug. I hope that his opening up about his status means that he realizes that the more he resist this, the LONGER it will persist.

No comments:

Post a Comment