Pages

I AM...

I am whatever YOU think I am until YOU get to KNOW me. This is true for everyone else too, of course.. so don't make assumptions about anyone or pass judgment; ask questions. You might just make a new friend.

Followers

Thursday, August 6, 2015

GAY TEEN ATTEMPTS SUICIDE AFTER BEING COVERED WITH RED PAINT BY BULLIES

A gay teen has attempted suicide after being covered with red paint by his bullies.

Selby Ndlovu, a 16-year-old from Mangweni – a village in the east of South Africa, swallowed a cocktail of pills after it got too much.
He left a suicide note of one line: ‘Being gay doesn’t define the real me and doesn’t make me less of a male’.

But he was found by his younger sister, saving him from succumbing to the pills.

‘Even though my whole family has accepted me, I still have to live my life based on my community’s approval,’ Ndlovu has said after the attempt to Health 24, a South African health news website.

‘It all started as innocent laughter and I even used to laugh with them, but over the years it became uncomfortable and abusive. I was called names that I wouldn’t even say aloud to myself. Last month, it became too much to bear when they poured paint all over my body.’

Ndlovu’s mother said as her son had stopped complaining about the bullies, she thought the situation had resolved.

She said: ‘I am so happy that he survived the suicide but from now and onwards, I will fight his battles no matter what he says. It shouldn’t have come to this because no one should have to commit suicide just because they are trying to fit in their communities.’

SOURCE: GAY STAR NEWS

No comments:

Post a Comment