Pages

I AM...

I am whatever YOU think I am until YOU get to KNOW me. This is true for everyone else too, of course.. so don't make assumptions about anyone or pass judgment; ask questions. You might just make a new friend.

Followers

Tuesday, December 3, 2013

OLYMPIC DIVER TOM DALEY COMES OUT


British Olympic diver Tom Daley revealed in a YouTube video today that "I still fancy girls, but right now I'm dating a guy and I couldn't be happier."

Daley said he met a man this spring and something "just clicked, it felt right." He opted to post a YouTube video because "I didn't want to get my words twisted, I wanted to put an end to all the rumors and speculation."

London's Mirror had reported in an interview in September that Daley had said, “I think it’s funny when people say I’m gay ... I laugh it off.” The 19-year-old Olympic diver had said, “I’m not. But even if I was, I wouldn’t be ashamed."

In his YouTube video, Daley referred to an interview without naming the media outlet.

"Recently I was misquoted in an interview, and it made me feel really angry and frustrated and emotions I have never felt before when reading something about myself," he said. "For me, honesty is something that I really do believe in. And I have always been honest. I may have been vague in some of my answers but I have always been honest."

At the 2012 Summer Olympics, Daley won the bronze medal for the United Kingdom in the individual competition. He's now training to compete for his country in Rio in 2016.

SOURCE: THE ADVOCATE 

6 comments:

  1. so happy for him and what sexy and beautiful guy!!!

    my last post here:
    http://menforxersex.blogspot.it/2013/12/allamericanguys-adam-ayah.html

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. nice that he is able to walk into his sexuality

      Delete
  2. Came out as what?? Bi/Confused??? He is absolutely adorable, but I dont 'get' all the hoopla.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know what you mean, when I heard all about this I wasn't surprised, I got a same-sex vibe from him a while back

      Delete