Pages

I AM...

I am whatever YOU think I am until YOU get to KNOW me. This is true for everyone else too, of course.. so don't make assumptions about anyone or pass judgment; ask questions. You might just make a new friend.

Followers

Thursday, November 21, 2013

ORLANDO CRUZ, FIRST OPENLY GAY PROFESSIONAL BOXER, MARRIES PARTNER

“Giving thanks to my heavenly father for one more day of life and with my husband José Manuel in it,” Cruz wrote on his Facebook page on Sunday.
Cruz, 31, announced his sexual orientation in October 2012, becoming the first pro boxer to come out as openly gay while still competing.

“I have and will always be a proud Puerto Rican. I have always been and always will be a proud gay man,” he said at the time.

He was among the first class of inductees into the National Gay and Lesbian Sports Hall of Fame on August 2, 2013.


Cruz announced his engagement to Manuel in August.

SOURCE: LGBTQ NATION

No comments:

Post a Comment