Pages

I AM...

I am whatever YOU think I am until YOU get to KNOW me. This is true for everyone else too, of course.. so don't make assumptions about anyone or pass judgment; ask questions. You might just make a new friend.

Followers

Sunday, August 14, 2011

THERE IS NO GOD





Some people say there's no god. I
disagree. I think there're actually four gods: The god of money, the god of
medicine, the god of war and the god of technology. Like it or not, these are
the gods that rock our world. I mean, when stuff goes seriously wrong who do
you call? Your priest or your lawyer? Your rabbi or your doctor? Your minister
or a cop? Your monk or the smug little geek who set up your home entertainment
system? But while the gods of tech, medicine, guns and money give us the
illusion of being safe, they don't give our lives meaning. For that we need
other gods. And who are these other gods? Well, look around. They're sports
stars, movie stars, rock stars, the occasional political and business figures,
cute chicks who become princesses, and rich chicks who don't seem to require
food. These are the deities who connect us with our abandoned inner selves.
Their joy is our joy, their suffering is our suffering. We love and fear them,
and occasionally crucify them. Which is a long-winded way of getting to what I
do for a living. I buy and trade relics: the physical remains of dead gods. –
Chuck Lorre

No comments:

Post a Comment