Pages

I AM...

I am whatever YOU think I am until YOU get to KNOW me. This is true for everyone else too, of course.. so don't make assumptions about anyone or pass judgment; ask questions. You might just make a new friend.

Followers

Monday, June 6, 2011

DEAR U,

Dear U,

Over the years, I have fussed you for not being brave enough, funny enough, smart enough, talented enough, handsome enough, rich enough, admired enough, educated enough, out-going enough, loud enough, old enough, loving enough and loved enough. 

I have demanded perfection from you and have found you wanting. The result of this obsession with perfection has been to make you terrified of failure and ridicule, angry at any and all obstacles, and finally, incapable of enjoying the bounty that was not only around you, but within you as well. 

Well, all that's about to change. From now on, I'm going to make every effort to love and accept you as you are. But since bad habits die hard, I'll start with something easy. From now on, you're MAN enough.


Affectionately,
Me!

No comments:

Post a Comment