Pages

I AM...

I am whatever YOU think I am until YOU get to KNOW me. This is true for everyone else too, of course.. so don't make assumptions about anyone or pass judgment; ask questions. You might just make a new friend.

Followers

Sunday, December 19, 2010

¿WHAT DOES IT MEAN TO BE A MAN IN THIS DAY & AGE?

For most men, being real about their innermost feelings is something that just isn’t that easy to do. Almost from birth, we are flooded with “lessons” about what it means to be a man. We are taught to “suck it up,” that “real men don’t cry,” and that the “tougher” you are, surely that must equate to the depth of our masculinity.


With notions such as these so deeply rooted within the spirit of a man, it is no wonder that so many men have such a tremendous amount of difficulty in being vulnerable, open, and honest in the expression of their deepest emotions. I LOVE being in the company of men (for obvious reasons) and I can't help but wonder what the gay and straight men in my midst think it means to be a man in this day and age. So I ask you, what does being a man mean to you?

No comments:

Post a Comment