Pages

I AM...

I am whatever YOU think I am until YOU get to KNOW me. This is true for everyone else too, of course.. so don't make assumptions about anyone or pass judgment; ask questions. You might just make a new friend.

Followers

Wednesday, December 1, 2010

WORLD AIDS DAY : ¿IS IT ON YOUR RADAR?



World AIDS Day, observed December 1 each year, is dedicated to raising awareness of the AIDS pandemic caused by the spread of HIV infection. It is common to hold memorials to honor persons who have died from HIV/AIDS on this day. This disease has killed more than I care to count and NO one wants to catch it, but every year more and more people get it and live with the negative effects for the rest of their lives. It makes me wonder if there is REALLY anything we can do about this disease. Do you think everything that can be done is being done? What do we need to do get to the heart of why people are continuing to catch HIV?

I know that the fight against AIDS can count me in, can you say the same? For Twenty-five years and counting, HIV and AIDS has gotten worse, while people are swept away by the forgotten epidemic. How did HIV leave the public's radar screen? How did we get to such a dangerous place of complacency?


I know that when I think of the millions of men and women living their lives NOT knowing of their status that hits me to my core. Can you imagine not finding out you have HIV until you become ill?
If we all commit to those afflicted or those most at risk, we can stop this virus. We know it won’t always be easy, but together we can make a real difference. It’s time to stand up and be counted if we are going to beat this virus once and for all.

No comments:

Post a Comment