Pages

I AM...

I am whatever YOU think I am until YOU get to KNOW me. This is true for everyone else too, of course.. so don't make assumptions about anyone or pass judgment; ask questions. You might just make a new friend.

Followers

Wednesday, February 10, 2010

GIVE & NOT TAKE...


So the other day I was @ the barber shop having a typical convo with my barber. We talked about this n’ that, but one subject of our conversation that stuck with me is when he told me that his long-term girlfriend and he are no longer together because she cheated on him. Dude look like he was going to cry as he was talking about all the things he did for her and how much he sacrifice for her. It was SO amazing to see a man reduce to a child-like state, but as sorrowful as he was I couldn’t sympathize with him 100% because I knew that he cheated on her as well. In fact he tried to talk to my sister on that level and CONSTANTLY asks about her when we see each other. I just find it AMAZING how hetero men can cheat left, right AND center without blinking an eye, but the moment their #1 girl does it, they can’t deal with it. Why do you think men can GIVE & NOT TAKE when it comes to infidelity in their relationships?

Do you think it is nature and they just can’t help themselves? Do you think they subscribe to that old adage that says ‘men are from Mars and women are from Venus?’ I remember being a teenage boy dating women and how my counterparts would INSIST that I should have as much women as I want. It didn’t matter who got hurt…the ONLY that was important was getting what I entitled to. I found this concept to be a bit much and I guess I didn’t do it because part of me knew I wasn’t into females and the other part was the fact that I was raised in a home with mostly females. I saw what cheating men did them and it wasn’t pretty @ all!

But I blame the women that know he is doing it and the ones that these men are cheating with. How does a man such as this come across as being THE man? What qualifies him to be the type of man who SHOULD have as many women as he pleases? Talk about confidence gone wrong…I don’t see the intrigue of such men, but then again I am NOT their target gender so…It was SO nice to see a woman that decided that enough is enough AND too much is too much! It is HIGH time these boys fraternizing as men get a dose of their own medicine. From the moment they realize what sex is, they become boys that are obsessed with getting it! I guess if they are not, they would somehow cripple their masculinity and would be unable to validate their reasons for breathing. Is this what living in a patriarchal society means?

As hetero-men do they need to have a following of various females to feel superior? Do you think if they didn’t live in this way, they would be seen as traitors to mankind? How does one intervene to save the hetero male from decades of womanizing behavior? I know that ACCEPTING truth about who we are and what we do is something that NEVER happens for we humans. Despite all of their behavior, I believe that underneath they know that their actions are wrong, but being told this is how it is done, how can they not do it? I say by LIVING THEIR TRUTH and NOT living according to someone else’s idea of who they feel you are and should be…

No comments:

Post a Comment