Pages

I AM...

I am whatever YOU think I am until YOU get to KNOW me. This is true for everyone else too, of course.. so don't make assumptions about anyone or pass judgment; ask questions. You might just make a new friend.

Followers

Thursday, October 9, 2008

¿WHICH GAY IS BETTER?

















Today I am
asking that you think about which persona represents the GAY community @ its best. I know that no two people are a like and
I don’t cover everyone, but I realize that we have a problem and I feel that it
starts with how we see ourselves
AND other gay men within the community. So the
following are labels that are just off the top of my head that are commonly
used within the gay community. These are NOT
official labels; they just represent what is familiar and what I hear from
other gay men within the gay community… SO
WHICH GAY DO YOU THINK IS BETTER?






 THE SUGAR DADDY







THE BREEDER






THE MACHO GAY






THE AVERAGE GAY






THE DRAG QUEEN






THE PRETTY BOY






 THE STRAIGHT GAY












5 comments:

  1. I would say the average gay. Since, I think that's me lol ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. LMAO @ "the breeder"......I don't think that any of them are "better" perse, I believe that people prefer certain "characteristics" based on the value they place on those aspects (of course connected to the socialization of our culture as black people or people of color). Personally, I would go for the average guy.....

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gotta love the pretty boyz...but I'm an average gay too.So my vote is clear.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I agree with the last 2 comments. I would go with average gay myself as well.

    ReplyDelete
  5. In atlanta it's the pretty boy gay. I mean pretty boys left and right... right and left around there. It makes average gays like me feel very intimidated... as though perhaps what I have is not enough. :( Just when you think your keeping up, you find out you are only a few more steps behind. (sigh...)

    ReplyDelete