Pages

I AM...

I am whatever YOU think I am until YOU get to KNOW me. This is true for everyone else too, of course.. so don't make assumptions about anyone or pass judgment; ask questions. You might just make a new friend.

Followers

Saturday, July 1, 2006

I HAVE MET THE DEVIL...


MR. MAXWELL E. GIBSON A. K. A. (THE DEVIL)
I have escaped from the land of living and returned to where I belong…I have been working for 10 years in the business world and came to a place that made my previous employment a walk in the park. After being fired for being GAY to working for an ass that doesn’t know the real value of his employees, I sought employment that would put me on the track I desired to be on. I got the call to come for an interview scheduled for December 31st 2004, odd I thought but hey its business and things tend to be unconventional @ times. I got there and no one is there, went back home and left a message that I was there and they phoned and re-arranged another meeting. From that point on one would think that I take heed and the signs that were right in front of my face, but I ignored it and went to work for Colombian Emeralds Int’l A. K. A. Luxury Retail Limited. From the onset I witnessed firings & resignations every week, talk about employee morale. I didn’t understand it then but I know now that the stress I felt was due to my job. I couldn’t wait for 5:30 to leave that place, it was such a mess; I had a weak ass Manager who did nothing to help the situation or me. Everyday I would start my campaign to get out of there, I couldn’t take much more that and everyday I was told that I shouldn’t, I should stay stick it out don’t be someone that can’t stay on a job. To persons on the outside I had a fabulous job as the Assistant to The Chief Financial Officer, but in reality it was anything but fabulous. Dealing with a MAN who had a vicious streak a mile wide - and an ass to match, he was bitching, tantruming or squealing or normally all 3 at once. I have yet to meet anyone who is like him. He has absolutely no self knowledge, depth of character or one empathetic bone in his body. He spends most of his time bullying his assistant quite mercilessly and occasionally turns his attention to me. Isn't it remarkable that leadership is so frequently associated with organizational and individual problems? I know I should feel thankful, but for some reason I feel slightly bitter. When I got the news that I was being let go. I was upset with myself because I didn’t trust my own instincts, I didn’t do what I know I should have and now the universe did it for me. The way it happened was so unprofessional I was thinking WTF, it was a Friday after a training session that he felt the staff needed because we were all FUNCTION IDIOTS. I was summoned to the H. R. and was then told that they was going in a different direction, I was like okay thank you and goodbye, there was shocked and awe that I didn’t get angry, but hey I been there done that and moved on. I am sure that the other persons that was fired along with me felt the same way. When I think about the whole thing it makes sense in a way, because a lesser person would never have put up with the stack of indignities I faced. So after all that I am a better person for it, guess I got the last laugh. I now make sure that I work for a company that can give me the best possible chances at a successful career and if it doesn’t work for then I have process and release. I can’t work in fear and unhappiness; I will never again treat myself like that and will always seek to live while I am alive.

No comments:

Post a Comment