Pages

I AM...

I am whatever YOU think I am until YOU get to KNOW me. This is true for everyone else too, of course.. so don't make assumptions about anyone or pass judgment; ask questions. You might just make a new friend.

Followers

Monday, November 9, 2020

🤐 ¿WHY IS SO HARD 😩TO TALK ABOUT OUR RELATIONSHIPS 👨‍❤️‍💋‍👨 WITH OUR PARTNERS? 🤨

 


Why is it often easier to view the weaknesses in other people’s relationships than it is to cast a critical eye over one’s own?

I have sometimes been guilty of being so head over heels in love – or infatuation – to overlook the fact the feelings are not being reciprocated. Maybe being blind to love was the key factor for me in those situations.

Other times, I’ve allowed niggling little concerns to eat away at me, choosing to stay silent rather than rock the boat. Or I simply postpone awkward conversations until they can be postponed no longer: sometimes beyond the point when they’ve already begun to dangerously erode feelings of affection.

Why is it so hard to ask other significant others:

 ‘What would you like to do differently?’

 ‘What’s going well in our relationship?

‘What’s going not so well?

How preferable, and possibly smoother things would run, if we did remind ourselves to have such conversations on a regular basis? To attempt to nip concerns in the bud before they blossom into relationship-threatening flashpoints.

What would be better? Telling your partner one month you’re a feeling bit fed up with your sexual routine and find yourself tempted to look elsewhere, or waiting a year and telling them you’ve been having an affair for the past few months?


No comments:

Post a Comment