Pages

I AM...

I am whatever YOU think I am until YOU get to KNOW me. This is true for everyone else too, of course.. so don't make assumptions about anyone or pass judgment; ask questions. You might just make a new friend.

Followers

Thursday, January 2, 2020

THE 9th GAY OF X-MAS 🌲: THE GIFT 🎁 OF DREAMS & IMAGINATION 💭

Today we’re going to finally own what our wildest dreams are because if we don’t own them, they have no way of coming to fruition.

 As children we we’re able to play pretend, imagine amazing things, and proclaim what we wanted to be when we grew up without any hesitation. However, as we mature, take on the weight of society, and let our fear get the best of us, many of us lose sight of what our dreams really are.

This ends today as we go back to our youthful spirit of endless possibility.

One of my favorite quotes is, “If your dreams don’t scare you, they are not big enough.” This was first spoken by Ellen Johnson Sirleaf, who was Africa’s first woman President. Talk about dreaming scary dreams.

CHALLENGE:
Today we’re going to write down a list of all the things we dream of doing. Think of it almost like your bucket list. No dream is too big, so write everything your heart desires down.

EXAMPLE:
Here is a preview of a list I’ve had for a while. I’m super excited to share that many of these things are happening this year!

My Wildest Dreams
  1. Travel to Europe for a month
  2. Travel to South Africa and go on safari
  3. Marry the man of my dreams
  4. Have at least two wildly successful published books
  5. Have my own program that helps millions of people become the best versions of themselves
  6. Have dinner with Deepak Chorpa 
  7.  Leave the world a better place than how I came into it
  8. Help others find their peace and joy
  9. I’ve found that when we say what we want out loud, and write down what we really desire, these things happen.
  10. I have crazy amounts of stories about asking the universe for things, and getting what I asked for. This isn’t luck, this was a combination of hard work, persistence, and letting go of fear.
  11. Be specific in what you ask for because I promise you’ve already gotten so many things you dream of, it’s just a matter of perspective.


These things aren’t just going to happen. We’re going to have to work really hard to make our dreams come true. It’s up to us to get creative, try new things, and put these dreams out into the universe to be heard.

 We’re capable of so much more than we allow ourselves to think we are. We need to stop holding ourselves back, and yes, dream scary dreams.

As Brian Littrell said, “Shoot for the moon even if you miss, you’ll land among the stars.”

Happy dreaming my dreamers!

No comments:

Post a Comment