Pages

I AM...

I am whatever YOU think I am until YOU get to KNOW me. This is true for everyone else too, of course.. so don't make assumptions about anyone or pass judgment; ask questions. You might just make a new friend.

Followers

Monday, December 8, 2014

MICHAEL SAM ON WHY HE'S NOT PLAYING IN THE NFL: 'I DON'T THINK IT HAD TO WITH TALENT'

Michael Sam, who has opted to take the high road after being dropped by two NFL teams this season, has for the first time hinted that he is not playing pro football right now because he is openly gay.

Sam was asked by TMZ Sports this morning if he thinks NFL teams are not interested in him because of his orientation or because the level of talent is so much higher than when he was a standout at the University of Missouri.

'I think I was the (Southern Eastern Conference) Defensive Player of the Year last year ... so I don't think it had to do with talent,' Sam said at LAX.

Sam came out publicly before the NFL draft and ended up being one of the last picks despite his stellar college record. He was cut by the St. Louis Rams after the pre-season then picked up by the Dallas Cowboys for its practice squad.

The Cowboys later cut Sam from the squad and no other NFL team has picked him up this season.


Still, Sam remains focused on playing in the NFL.

SOURCE: GAY STAR NEWS

No comments:

Post a Comment