Pages

I AM...

I am whatever YOU think I am until YOU get to KNOW me. This is true for everyone else too, of course.. so don't make assumptions about anyone or pass judgment; ask questions. You might just make a new friend.

Followers

Sunday, June 17, 2012

I AM THE 'GAY' MAN MY 'FATHER' DIDN'T BUILT




Want to make a fire with
two sticks? Did you bait the fishing rods properly?
Questions I wasn’t ask but
a man that imagined started his questions with a smile on his face that showed
how proud of me he was. His obsession about being the best ‘father’ he could
was all he cared about. Those moments are lost to us and I can only wonder,
what would my ‘father’ do or say after our personas traded places. Would he
allow me to embrace my sexuality and my ‘misfit’ charms with pride? Or would he
be the ‘father’ that struggle to understand my life?


Regardless of his presence
in my life, I am sure that I would be the ‘man’ he didn’t raise. I will FOREVER
be the ‘man’ who do dumb and embarrassing things, the ‘man’ that knows DEEP in
himself that if he wants to soar, he MUST risk the occasional, spectacular
crash. Though hasn’t been in my life from the start, I often wonder how can he
feel ashamed of the gay man that I am; the gay man that lives positively ‘queer’
for all with ‘human’ eyes to see. 

No comments:

Post a Comment