Pages

I AM...

I am whatever YOU think I am until YOU get to KNOW me. This is true for everyone else too, of course.. so don't make assumptions about anyone or pass judgment; ask questions. You might just make a new friend.

Followers

Thursday, February 10, 2011

...MY ARROGANCE ¿OR? YOUR INSECURITIES...

We all have insecurities, what we think we see about another person isn’t always what you really see.  There may come a time at some point in our lives, where we feel insecure about ourselves. We might judge our ability to do something or feel self-conscious about the way we look. It does not matter how this feeling manifests in your life, but it is important to be aware of your thoughts and how they impact your view of yourself AND others! Now I am the kind of man who understands that insecurities are a normal part of life for everyone, even those who appear to be extremely self-assured. However what differs for me is that I find it easier to step back from the uncertainty present and take a more realistic look @ myself and others. I let very few things bother me, I speak with conviction and when asked for advice I give it. Now there are persons out there who feel that I am arrogant and need to be taken down. Now I believe we all are entitled to our thoughts about each other, but how can I turn my ‘arrogance’ into something less than for the sake of others?


I have an insane desire to improve AND better myself. I feel that is a natural response that arises when I look @ where I’ve been to where I want to go. I am NOT materialistic, nor do I think of me alone, yet people INSIST on comparing what I have, what I do AND what I say (or don’t) to what they have, do or say. When the truth is, they are trying to pass their insecurities onto me. They hide behind masks, wasting time trying to make things in their lives seem better instead of just living! If they were to look @ my life a little more closely, they would realize that I am merely a flesh and blood man, full of glorious imperfections that make me who I am! I get that recognizing this may take some time @ first, but in the meantime I should do what exactly?

Whatever answers come to mind, I know that I’ve come TOO far and overcome TOO much to allow others to transform me into who they are. All I can and will do is live and be the PERFECT~IMPERFECT me by showing them that when they hold up a detailed mirror to their lives and weigh it against mine, they will not able to see the things that make me or them TRULY unique. I can only hope that one day, they can give themselves the permission to let go of their insecurities as I have let go of mine.

No comments:

Post a Comment