Pages

I AM...

I am whatever YOU think I am until YOU get to KNOW me. This is true for everyone else too, of course.. so don't make assumptions about anyone or pass judgment; ask questions. You might just make a new friend.

Followers

Tuesday, October 19, 2021

LEGENDARY'S SAVION GARCON SAYS HE'S BEEN LIVING WITH HIV FOR 14 YEARS


After competing on HBO Max's Legendary season two, Savion Ashford, known to those within the ballroom scene as Savion Garcon, has revealed to followers that he has been living with HIV.

"On this day October 18, 2007, I was diagnosed as HIV+," Garcon tweeted Monday. "Through these 14 years, I've had many highs and several lows. But moving [forward] I refuse to allow what I've managed to conquer have power in my life! So, hello world I am Savion Ashford and I am living happily and healthy with HIV."

Ashford is a member of ballroom's House of Garcon. He is a barber and was born in Fayetteville, North Carolina. He currently lives in Atlanta.

Within the ballroom community, he walks in the category of body and has previously won "Of the Year" trophies. He also walks performance categories and is the Atlanta Prince of the House of Garcon.

In 2020, Ashford made it onto the second season of Legendary with house members Egypt, Milan, Tonka, and house mother Stasha Garcon. The house ended up being the underdogs of the season, making it to the semi-finals though many had expected they would have been some of the first eliminated. Ashford was a key part of the house during it's run on the show.

Legendary is the first televised ballroom competition show. In it, actual houses from the ballroom scene compete against one another in a series of onscreen balls for the chance at winning $100,000.

Ashford first joined the House of Garcon in 2014.

SOURCE: HIV PLUS MAG


No comments:

Post a Comment