Pages

I AM...

I am whatever YOU think I am until YOU get to KNOW me. This is true for everyone else too, of course.. so don't make assumptions about anyone or pass judgment; ask questions. You might just make a new friend.

Followers

Saturday, March 3, 2012

REVIEW OF MAN ON A LEDGE



























Domestic Total as
of Feb. 27, 2012: $18,604,872



Distributor: Summit
Entertainment



Release Date:January 27, 2012



Genre: Thriller



Runtime: 1
hrs. 42 min.



MPAA Rating: PG-13



Production Budget: $42
million











Sam
Worthington is an escaped convict attempting to prove his innocence in the most
elaborate way possible: He climbs out onto a hotel ledge and creates a suicide
spectacle/diversion that allows his brother (Jamie Bell) to steal a diamond
from an iniquitous real estate baron played with a perpetual scowl by Ed
Harris. It's all ostensibly part of a master plan, as is his requesting
Elizabeth Banks' beleaguered negotiator.





What's Good About the Movie:


Well I went to see this movie because there wasn't anything else I wanted to see and I am glad I did. After pushing this one aside, I came away thinking it was kinda worth a look. The way the movie progressed and kept you on the end of your seat @ times REALLY worked for me and the pay off @ the end made the bad things about the movie so, so.





What's Bad About the Movie:


There were some plot holes that left me feeling like huh? Sam's character was told that his father was sick by his former police partner and he died a scene of two later and this is when his escape plan came into play. What I found interesting about this is scene is that his former partner is a police officer so he should know if Sam's father ACTUALLY died. And the other scene that bugs me is the fact that in his escape, his vehicle was hit by a train and Sam came through that without a scratch.





Overall Grade: C-





No comments:

Post a Comment