Pages

I AM...

I am whatever YOU think I am until YOU get to KNOW me. This is true for everyone else too, of course.. so don't make assumptions about anyone or pass judgment; ask questions. You might just make a new friend.

Followers

Thursday, January 13, 2011

THE MAN WITH THE GOLDEN VOICE: A GREAT STORY BUT DOES AMERICAN REALLY CARE?

  
The formerly homeless man with the gold voice, Ted Williams is strolling into his second act because he is the object of massive media attention. This man is the recipient of job and home offers that has the Americans standing and applauding, but what happens when his 15 minutes are up and the cameras are gone? Would America feel good about this feel good story? My answer is NO!

Now don’t get me wrong, I am VERY happy for Mr. Williams, but something about his story just bugs the hell out of me and I get that the recession-weary world needs a Cinderella story like this but can someone tell me if a singular case of one man down on his luck that gets on his feet again REALLY give America that tingling feeling all over?
SO few will get the chance or exposure Mr. Williams has garnered, so what happens to the many that are left who have a longing for their hand up? Williams' story is the epitome of how dreams can come true in the internet age practically overnight. So I ask again, does America REALLY care?

No comments:

Post a Comment