Pages

I AM...

I am whatever YOU think I am until YOU get to KNOW me. This is true for everyone else too, of course.. so don't make assumptions about anyone or pass judgment; ask questions. You might just make a new friend.

Followers

Tuesday, November 18, 2008

FAIR WEATHER FRIEND…


When I am close friends with someone, I intuitively know when they need a hug, a helping hand, or a sympathetic ear. Likewise, when I am going through bleak periods in my life, I count on friends to support me through LOSS, HEART ACHE and OTHER SETBACKS, both big AND small. And while part of being a good friend means being there when the other person needs me, I find that is JUST as important for them to be there for me. After all, who else would my friends want to celebrate their PROMOTIONS, GRADUATIONS, MARRIAGES and GOOD NEWS with? As of late I have found myself NOT wanting to be there for my friends because our relationship is NOT equal. They’ve become SO busy with their own lives that they can’t simply make the time to pick a phone to call and say, I AM JUST CALLING BECAUSE…How can people get SO fixated on their happiness that they forget who was there when they were sad? I know that being a GOOD friend is more than me being there for my friends during the bad times, I know that there is SO much more…@ least I am on the right track…LIFE IS EMPTY WITHOUT SOMEONE TO SHARE IT WITH, & I AM OF THE OPINION THAT IF YOU CAN’T COUNT ON FRIENDS THEN WHO CAN YOU COUNT ON? AFTER ALL, IT IS THE PEOPLE WE CHERISH THAT WE WANT AROUND US TO SING @ OUR EARTH~DAYS, VISIT OUR NEWBORN BABIES & RAISE A GLASS TO TOAST EACH MILESTONE. I FIND IT INTERESTING THAT IS THE FIRST CHRISTMAS THAT I WON’T BE HOSTING ANY EVENTS FOR MY FRIENDS. FOR SOME ODD REASON I DON’T THINK THEY HONOR THE ENERGY THAT IS BEING CREATED DURING SUCH A JOYOUS TIME OF THE YEAR. WE ARE SUPPOSED TO CELEBRATE EACH OTHER, RELISH IN OUR HAPPINESS & ENRICH OUR FRIENDSHIPS…I GUESS THAT IS ALL WISHFUL THINKING…TOO BAD I AM JUST A FAIR WEATHER FRIEND…

No comments:

Post a Comment