Pages

I AM...

I am whatever YOU think I am until YOU get to KNOW me. This is true for everyone else too, of course.. so don't make assumptions about anyone or pass judgment; ask questions. You might just make a new friend.

Followers

Wednesday, March 7, 2007

HAPPY B-DAY DERRINIQUE!

Sweet sixteen you are, you were, in part shall always be.
That wonder, horror, perfect, fearful, strong, weak, potpourri.
One moment sailing through the sky, next, in the depths of hell.
What a way to learn of life, a test to live it well.
You need to be connected, dear, the same as all your friends.
You want to be so different, your own self to the end.
You long to be out on your own, you want your family there.
You feel you look so good, then hate your face, your nose, your hair.
And all that I can tell you now my sweet, sixteen, confused,
Is that I love you, and someday you'll look on this bemused.

No comments:

Post a Comment