Pages

I AM...

I am whatever YOU think I am until YOU get to KNOW me. This is true for everyone else too, of course.. so don't make assumptions about anyone or pass judgment; ask questions. You might just make a new friend.

Followers

Tuesday, September 6, 2022

๐Ÿ† RuPaul WINS HISTORIC SEVENTH CONSECUTIVE EMMY AWARD FOR HOSTING DRAG RACE ๐Ÿ’…๐Ÿฝ


She’s a winner, baby! RuPaul has won her seventh Creative Arts Emmy Award for Outstanding Host for a Reality or Competition Program.

The Drag Race star, who has won the award every single year since 2016, beat out the likes of Nicole Byer (Nailed It), the Queer Eye team, Amy Poehler (Making It), Padma Lakshmi (Top Chef), and the Shark Tank team.

“You guys are so sweet! I’ve got to tell you, I love, love, love television and it is a privilege to be on television and do this thing I’ve loved my whole life,” he said during his acceptance speech.

“I want to thank all you people out there tonight. Norman Lear, please thank him for everything he’s done.

“I’d also like to thank everyone I’ve worked with. I got in the union by being on the Arsenio Hall Show. I want to thank Arsenio for getting me on TV.”

RuPaul’s Emmy tally now adds up to 12 awards, extending his reign as the most decorated Black artist in the award show’s history.

Aside from his recent achievement, Mama Ru will have the opportunity to win another coveted award for RuPaul’s Drag Race at the upcoming 2022 Primetime Emmy’s on 12 September.

The beloved series, which is nominated for Outstanding Competition Program, is set to go up against The Amazing Race, The Voice, Top Chef, and Lizzo’s Watch Out For The Big Grrrls.

RuPaul’s groundbreaking win comes a few days after the BBC announced that the fourth season of Drag Race UK would be returning on 22 September.

The new batch of episodes will see the return of Mama Ru, Michelle Visage, Graham Norton and Alan Carr as regular panellists.

Hannah Waddingham, Dame Joanna Lumley, Alison Hammond, Boy George, Lorraine Pascale, Mel B, Leomie Anderson, Olly Alexander and FKA Twigs are also set to lend their expertise as the season’s guest judges.

Strictly Come Dancing hosts Tess Daly and AJ Odudu will “offer up their best blankety blanks” in the Snatch Game, while Strictly dancer Giovanni Pernice puts the queens “through their paces” for an all-singing, all-dancing challenge.

Lastly, Irish comedian Aisling Bea will “drop by to bring some comedy to the competition,” and legendary singer-songwriter Cathy Dennis provides the contestants with “a songwriting masterclass.”

RuPaul’s Drag Race UK season four will air on BBC Three and BBC iPlayer.

SOURCE: GAY TIMES


No comments:

Post a Comment