Pages

I AM...

I am whatever YOU think I am until YOU get to KNOW me. This is true for everyone else too, of course.. so don't make assumptions about anyone or pass judgment; ask questions. You might just make a new friend.

Followers

Tuesday, November 15, 2011

HIV: IS THE DIFFERENCE BETWEEN KNOWING BETTER & DOING BETTER A HARD THING TO DO?







Dear HIV, he says…


The following is one of
many conversations I had with an online friend of mine about his NOT using
condoms in sexcapades:







ME: using protection son?





HIM: silence


ME: why aren't you answering my
condom question? DO YOU USE PROTECTION?





HIM: Oh sorry


No, in all honesty I haven't


I've stopped myself


From having sex more often


Or sleeping with people I don't
know


Only have slept with people
I've slept with on the reg


But I'm cutting the number


And its only been two


Less sex helps


But helps me focus on the real
issues I face


And why I use sex as I do





ME: I don't
care if it is 100 0r 1


so you still doing foolishness?


when was the last time u got tested?





HIM: August


Going again soon





ME: uh-huh


Do you have an HIV wish?








HIM: Nope! Aint a bug chaser





ME: well you
f*%cking like you are by not protecting yourself





HIM: Yeah! I always cuss my mates who smoke at how they
are fucking up their health and they always go on bout how difficult it is to
quit I understand how it feels





ME: No you don’t
because if you did you would use a condom





HIM: I do


Know better and doing better


Are two different things


I know better


I know all the risks and


The implications


But I don't do better





ME: anyways I am
done talking to you about that





HIM: okay.





Now in going over this conversation, I know shouldn't ended it like that, but I was upset and tired of urging my friend to use a condom. EVERY time we chat about that stuff he has NO reason why he isn't, and he CONSTANTLY says he does not want to get HIV but...





WHAT ARE YOU THOUGHTS ON THIS ENTRY, SHOULD I GIVE UP ON THE SAFE SEX TALK WITH HIM OR SHOULD I CONTINUE DESPITE WHAT HE ISN'T DOING?














            

No comments:

Post a Comment