Pages

I AM...

I am whatever YOU think I am until YOU get to KNOW me. This is true for everyone else too, of course.. so don't make assumptions about anyone or pass judgment; ask questions. You might just make a new friend.

Followers

Wednesday, September 9, 2009

BEING HAPPY FOR OTHERS…

It has been said that people enrich our lives in SO many ways. Through a magical combination of similarities and differences, we offer each other the opportunity to know ourselves as we help each other grow into who we want to be. Our similarities attract us to each other, comforting us with familiarity when we see ourselves in one another. So that means we UNCONSCIOUSLY acknowledge that we are each other’s mirrors…reflecting ourselves back to us. But I often wonder what is reflected back when an individual says they are HAPPY for whatever good thing happens to someone while wishing it were them instead? Can one TRULY be HAPPY for another even if they aren’t HAPPY for themselves? I feel that we all want to be the kind of people who are happy for others when they experience success or a cause for celebration in their lives, but it isn’t always easy…is it? I mean if you are single N’ fed up with men (relationships) and I go on and on about my relationship with Noel, do you really wish us well each and every time you say it? Do some POWERFUL, DARK FEELINGS come up @ times when decorum dictates that you should be feeling the opposite? Do you feel like reaching out N’ celebrating for us…OR do you want to rise and feel your own pain? How hard do you find it to congratulate another AND celebrate their success as if it were your own? I know that the struggle with being happy for others presents itself early in life. As a child if we wanted a toy that another child has, wouldn’t we intuitively try to get it OR break down in tears? Aren’t those primal feelings still present in most of us today? Over the years, I’ve found that is when I care enough for someone to let go of what I want for myself that I grow as a person. Despite the fact that it is difficult to have ourselves suspended between wanting the toy AND throwing a party for our friend who got the toy. Looking beyond that and thinking about others, it is in throwing the party that we share in the joy and, to some extent, the toy…so rather than cutting ourselves out of it, we extended ourselves to celebrate the happiness for another. And it is @ this time we can TRANSFORM our lives, and in the best-case scenario, we experience a constant flow of HAPPINESS in and out of our lives…SO WE MUST REMEMBER THAT HOW WE, FEEL PROFOUNDLY INFLUENCES HOW WE PERCEIVE OUR REALITY & KNOW THAT THE MORE WE TRY TO EXPRESS TRUE HAPPINESS FOR ANOTHER, THE MORE HAPPINESS WE ATTRACT…

No comments:

Post a Comment