Pages

I AM...

I am whatever YOU think I am until YOU get to KNOW me. This is true for everyone else too, of course.. so don't make assumptions about anyone or pass judgment; ask questions. You might just make a new friend.

Followers

Sunday, July 12, 2009

¿GAY + CHRISTIAN = HARMONY?


For a while I’ve felt like we GAY folks are mere commodities for the Christians in this world; and though many of you will feel that I am passing judgment, PLEASE NOTE THAT I AM MERELY WRITING WHAT IS & HAVE BEEN SO PLAINLY EVIDENT. As a result of OUR MANY protestations to the contrary...which are prime examples of FALSE righteousness on each and every one of us, we have been used to draw other into a web of HATRED that has NO RIGHT TO EXIST! For those that doubt me, here’s an example: Who truly determines the value of an individual human being (a unit)? Why the church, NATURALLY and the rest is just par for the course. I feel that the church does NOT serve its practical purpose, therefore, to continue on with this HIGHLY MAKE-BELIEVE GAME OF CHRISTIANITY IS PRICELESS BEYOND MEASURE has gotten us to a place where it is US VS. THEM; and it will ONLY worsen as the time goes by. 

So me being me, I thought how does one combat this? I came upon a quote that said, "I like your Christ. I do not like your Christians.  Your Christians are so unlike your Christ."~MAHATMA GANDHI. This led me to think that depending on who you ask about this US VS. THEM scenario, you’d get both sides pointing fingers who lies on which side of the LOVE N’ HATE divide…I am sure you know where I stand and I personally feel that one of the worst mistakes you can make in life is to attach your identity to any particular religion OR philosophy, such as by saying I AM A CHRISTIAN. I feel this forces the mind into a fixed perspective, robbing you of spiritual depth perception and inhumanly limit your ability to perceive reality accurately. If that sounds like a good idea to you, how does being GAY N’ CHRISTIAN sound to you? The thought if makes me scratch my head, but I can’t help but wonder if my single, fixed perspective on this issue has prevented me from considering two separate image streams?
 
Being a Christian simply means that a person adheres to Christianity, a monotheistic religion based on the life and teachings of Jesus of Nazareth, who Christians believe was the Son of God and had been prophesied in the Old Testament/Hebrew Bible. Hence being GAY N’ CHRISTIAN can actually represent a more intelligent approach without trying to force your perceptions into an artificial religious framework…What better way to change things…right? Christian truths are naturally rooted in a fixed perspective, but REAL truth is perspective-independent. So when Christians substitute religious teachings for truth, they mistake shadows for light sources. Consequently dooming themselves to stumble around in the dark utterly confused. So if a GAY person can get into that mix and represent himself, I feel clarity won’t forever elude us…crazy thoughts I know, but I figure we need  a way to bridge the gap between US & THEM…LOVE VS. HATE…

WHEN IT COMES TO BEING HUMAN BEINGS, SHOULDN’T WE BE LOVING, NON-JUDGING, FORGIVING & KIND HEARTED TO EACH OTHER? IT IS SO OBVIOUS THAT CHRISTIANITY ALONE CANNOT & DOES NOT REPRESENT LOVE N’ FAITH IN A SUPREME BEING…THERE IS A QUOTE THAT GOES, to choose dogma and faith over doubt and experiment is to throw out the ripening vintage and reach greedily for the Kool-Aid." ~ CHRISTOPHER HITCHENS…SO TO THE MANY CHRISTIANS THAT REALLY FEEL THAT GOD HATES US, AS THEY GO TO CHURCH EVERY WEEK, SING SONGS OF PRAISE ALL DAY LONG WHILE PROCLAIMING LOVE FOR A HIGHER & SHOWING HATRED TOWARDS US IS UNACCEPTABLE…& TO MY GAY FOLKS OUT THERE THAT HATE THEM RIGHT BACK, PLEASE KNOW THAT THINGS CAN’T & WON’T CHANGE IF THERE ISN’T A COMMON GROUND WHERE WE CAN ALL STAND…IT WOULD BE NICE TO LIVE IN A WORLD WHERE WE ALL CAN EXERCISE OUR GOD GIVEN RIGHTS TO BE WHO WE ARE  WHICH IN MY OPINION IS ONE STEP CLOSER TO THE ENERGY SOURCE THAT GIVES THE WORLD LIFE…


No comments:

Post a Comment