Pages

I AM...

I am whatever YOU think I am until YOU get to KNOW me. This is true for everyone else too, of course.. so don't make assumptions about anyone or pass judgment; ask questions. You might just make a new friend.

Followers

Friday, January 25, 2008

...I AM...




  1. POLITICS – Anyone that knows me would say I have mentioned on more than one occasion that I seek a political life and would LOVE the opportunity to serve my country and make it a better place. Of course I’ve been met with opposition AND was told that SO many others said EXACTLY the same thing and when they get there…WELL I CAN WITHOUT A SHADOW OF A DOUBT THAT I HAVE NO INTEREST IN FURTHERING MYSELF @ THE EXPENSE OF MY COUNTRY & THOSE THAT LIVE IN IT! I know that I am here to serve a PURPOSE and FULLFILL my destiny and in the process ENRICH the lives of those I meet. Therefore, for this reason it should NOT be surprising that my wanting to be in politics is born out of a struggle for GREATER need of HUMANITY. I feel that I have the WISDOM and FORESIGHT to recognize that there truly needs to be persons such as myself that is for the SOLE purpose of the democratic principals that will govern a country.
  2. SPORTS – Being a man that is on verge of being 30 years of age, I find it VERY important that I get there in the best possible condition. Most think going to the gym is just about getting fit or building muscle. However, I know working out not only helped me build my physical confidence, but my self-confidence as well. Hence, the gym is my most viable option. I find that @ this stage of my life that exercise is a VITAL important part of keeping healthy. My focus is CHANGE my body, CHANGE my life!
  3. NUTRITION – There is considerable truth in the saying 'You are what you eat'. The state of the body and how well it works depends largely on how appropriately it is nourished. Though nutritional needs vary even from person to person, according to genetic make-up, level of activity, general state of health and environment it is still up to us how we nourish the body.
  4. SEX – The ways people engage in sexual activity is not just something, that individuals "do" in some kind of private isolation. Sexual activity is after all a social practice. Like all other human social practices, what people do, and why, is bound to be influenced by what is going on in the society around them. Though this makes sex in the modern world a tricky proposition, it is easy for me to form positive intimate social and sexual bonds that go against the tide of who the world says I am. I was born and raised in cultures that value the head over the heart and, as a result, we place our own hearts below our heads in a sort of inner hierarchy of which we may not be conscious. When it comes to sex, this simply means that we tend to listen and respond from the neck up, often leaving the rest of our bodies with little or no say in most matters. Sex mostly is a PHYSICAL habit, which sometimes feels as ingrained as the way we breathe or walk. However, with effort and awareness, I have shift the energy into my heart, listening and responding from a much deeper, more echoing place. When I have sex from my heart, the logical grid of my brain softens N’ melt, which enables me to perceive the interconnectedness beneath the divisions of sex. Hence, I understand that just as the heart underlies the brain, this interconnectedness underlies everything. So now I breathe into your heart and NOT my stomach when I have sex and listen N’ feel instead of thinking.

No comments:

Post a Comment