Pages

I AM...

I am whatever YOU think I am until YOU get to KNOW me. This is true for everyone else too, of course.. so don't make assumptions about anyone or pass judgment; ask questions. You might just make a new friend.

Followers

Friday, December 28, 2007

FASTER THAN...


The other day I was reminded that my SIX-year-old niece asked me for a cell phone and I could not help but think how this is SO strange because when I was that age things were SO different. The generation that she represents is so vastly different from any other that I find it overwhelming. THEY ARE YOUNG, SMART & BRASH! They want cell phones AND iPods and they are here to take over…SO GET READY! This group is EVOLVING faster than bacteria and shows no sign of slowing down. They are growing up in a diverse world where intense multi-tasking is the order of the day. The easy access to the Internet, the simultaneously way in which they watch television and listening to music are just a few of the things that show how far this world has come. Thus, this generation is eating it all up rapidly with no sign of stopping. Downloading music to online chatting and cell phone usage shows the power in which they will have in years to come. However, what should I expect? The world in which they live have television shows and movies that have a rapid story-telling pace, so their brains grow accustom to this constant bombardment of change. Unlike myself, this generation has been pampered, nurtured and programmed with a slew of activities since they could walk, making them HIGH PERFORMANCE and HIGH MAINTENANCE; which ultimately fosters the belief in self worth. This generation is growing up questioning the adults around them and offering their opinion in a time when SPEAK-YOUR-MIND philosophy makes sense whether we like it or not. They challenge the STATUS QUO, I have NO doubt that when it is time for the generation that she is apart of to be employed that they will NO doubt change the landscape of the work force DRAMATICALLY! The environment that is needed to create independent thinking would be the playground for them because they will be more than able AND equip to do the job that will NO doubt fund a successful career. However, as the future marches on the generation that she represents will NOT put a high priority on career; she will be more interested in making the job accommodate both family AND personal life. They say that CHANGE is constant and I am sure that this generation will NO doubt carry on what my generation believes but has NOT done in the way of employment. I AM SURE THAT THIS GENERATION WOULD NOT STAY IN A JOB OR EVEN A CAREER FOR TOO LONG BECAUSE THEY WILL NO DOUBT HAVE COMPANIES SUCH AS ENRON ON THE BRAIN & THEY KNOW THAT RISKING LIFE N’ LIMB FOR A JOB IS POINTLESS! They will be a group of people that are living as if they are on SUPER steroids that walk with high expectations for themselves. THIS GENERATION IS GROUND BREAKING IN THE SENSE THAT ITS MEMBERS WILL BE WELL TRAVELED & HAVE MANY ENRICHED EXPERIENCES. NO DOUBT WILL THEY BE SURPRISED THAT THEY HAVE TO WORK FOR MONEY. NO DOUBT, THEY WANT & WILL GET THE CORNER OFFICE RIGHT AWAY…THEY HAVE BEEN GROOMED & TOLD THAT THE WORLD IS THEIR OYSTER & ANYTHING IS POSSIBLE…& I CANNOT SAY THAT I BLAME THEM…

No comments:

Post a Comment