Pages

I AM...

I am whatever YOU think I am until YOU get to KNOW me. This is true for everyone else too, of course.. so don't make assumptions about anyone or pass judgment; ask questions. You might just make a new friend.

Followers

Wednesday, July 30, 2008

¿ANAL ANGST?





When two people come together, they each bring their own set of compromises. We seek others (consciously or subconsciously) that match our ideals. So when it comes to SEX with GAY men, there should NOT be any surprise that there are a few of us out there that are NOT into ANAL sex in any form of fashion. A lot of men prefer romance AND intimacy over penetration. However, there seems to be this way of thinking that when the subject of SEX is brought to the table (WHICH IS THE NORM), that it has to be done and that is so unnecessary. Just like sexuality, our ideas of SEX are often blurred; and it is my belief that SEX does NOT make the man. Our strength isn’t dependant upon the act of sex; it lies in our ability to recognize why we are having sex in the first place. I care about companionship and intimacy more than just the act itself. It makes me feel horrible to think that regardless of what I do to with a man; he is NOT satisfied until things become SEXUAL. I think SEX is an important part of a relationship, but if the goal is only SEX then there will be problems. If the average GAY were to look back on past relationships, he would notice that most of them failed. Therefore, I am quite sure that SEX was a MAJOR player in that scenario. SEX is EXTREMELY powerful that WE allow it to sometimes take us outside of a relationship AND seek it with someone else. I feel that GAY men have a distinct advantage when it comes to SEX, but we act as if we are bottom feeders (PUN INTENDED). SEX is so OVER DONE that it seems that it is a situation of FORCED entry. But whether we realize it OR not, we carry around a list of inherent lifestyle priorities; and these choices are what we aid our happiness by. Our lives are based on our values, which can be in the category of LOVE, POLITICS, HEALTH, SOCIAL CAUSES, SEXUALITY and so forth. These values are formed throughout our life under varying circumstances. SO I CANNOT HELP BUT WONDER HOW SEX BECAME MORE IMPORTANT THAN ANYTHING ELSE IN OUR LIVES…I GUESS IN THE END IT DOES NOT MATTER I AM TALKING ABOUT SOMETHING THAT IS BIGGER THAN ME…THE ONLY THING THAT MATTERS IS GETTING OFF; BUT EQUALITY DOES NOT START WITH SEX, IT HASN’T THEN & IT WON’T NOW. EQUALITY IN SEX MEANS EQUAL OPPORTUNITIES TO ENGAGE EMOTIONS & FEELINGS TO ENSURE THAT PASSION & CONNECTION ARE INTACT. I GET THAT SEX IS IMPORTANT & IT SHOULD NOT BE ELIMINATED FROM OUR LIVES…ALL I AM SAYING IS THAT WE SHOULD ALLOW THE INTIMACY TO MEAN SOMETHING BEYOND THE ACT ITSELF…SO HOW ABOUT WE NOT LET IT BE THE SOLE BASIS FOR ANY TYPE OF RELATIONSHIP WE ARE EMBARKING UPON?

1 comment:

  1. Well Hallelujah! I am so with you on this, I so hate the attitude that says "if it ain't fucking it ain't sex". We are blessed with so many ways of enjoying each other. Thanks for saying it here. The relationship is more inportant than exactly how you choose to express it physically.PeaceAN

    ReplyDelete