Friday, February 15, 2013
Two new films that I want to see this weekend went into wide release on Valentine's Day, A Good Day to Die Hard and Beautiful Creatures.
A Good Day to Die Hard
- The franchise name makes this the year's first high profile action flick.
- The fourth film was a success and the return to an R rating could interest the series' older fans again.
- Early reviews are in the cellar.
- The fourth film, while financially successful, didn't really win over any new fans.
- The film could appeal strongly to teens on a weekend when they're likely to be out in full force.
- The novel's popularity isn't on the level of Hunger Games or Twilight.
- A lack of major stars and a crowded market could easily mean this gets overlooked by general audiences.